Hong Kong-listed port investor China Merchants Port Holdings Company has inked a deal to buy 90 percent of shares in Brazilian port operator TCP Participações S.A.The acquisition of TCP, worth USD 923.7 million, will allow the group to expand its business to the Latin America region and further consolidate its position globally.The remaining 10% of the issued share capital of TCP will be held: 6% by Soifer, 2% by Pattac and 2% by Tuc Par.“Furthermore, the investment will provide the group the opportunity to make use of the marine transportation hub of TCP to develop its logistics network, export/import and industrial zone and potential residential projects and related financial service platforms, allowing for greater commercial synergies within the group,” the company said.TCP and its subsidiaries are principally engaged in operating the container terminal concession in the Port of Paranaguá.TCP has an infrastructure capable of receiving the largest vessels operating in the Latin America and is the second largest container terminal in Brazil with a design capacity of 1.5 million TEUs.The capacity is planned to be further increased to 2.4 million TEUs each year upon completion of the expansion, which is expected to start later this year and complete by the second half of 2019.In April 2016, TCP announced the renewal of the terminal concession contract for an additional 25-year period, ending in 2048.China Merchants’ investments and operations span across China’s coastal areas including Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Ningbo, Qingdao, Dalian, Tianjin, Zhanjiang, Xiamen Bay, and Taiwan, and internationally, in Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Djibouti, Togo, Turkey, the United States and a number of countries in Asia, Europe and the Mediterranean region.The closing of the deal is conditional upon obtaining the relevant approvals from governmental authorizations, including the approval by the Brazilian antitrust and regulatory authorities.
Share A new study from Baylor University found that a rude coworker can not only make your 9 to 5 hellish—it also screws with your personal life, too. Not cool. Here’s how to shut down a mean girl on the job, fast.The bitchy move: She trashes your idea in front of your boss.Your response: Say, “I thought about that, but then I realized…” and calmly defend your suggestion. Then move on.Why it works: She’ll know you’re not a pushover, and your boss will be impressed that you stood your ground without getting catty.The bitchy move: She constantly says things like “Wow, you look so tired today” or “Are you feeling sick?”Your response: Tell her, “Oh, well I feel great. I got up early to go for a run/get ahead of deadline/take a yoga class/etc.”Why it works: It gets across two things: 1) You don’t give a crap what she thinks about how you look, and 2) You’re way more busy and accomplished than she is (even if all you really did was stay in bed and hit snooze).The bitchy move: She doesn’t pull her weight on a joint project and expects you to do everything.Your response: Say this, “Listen, I know you’re swamped, but let’s come up with a plan to divide things evenly, otherwise we’ll both look bad.”Why it works: If you flat out tell her that you think you’re doing everything, she’ll get defensive. This way, she’ll get the message without shutting down on you. But if she still flakes, send your boss an e-mail once the project is complete. Tell her how much you enjoyed working on the project, especially [insert all of the things you did on your own], and you’d love to do similar assignments in the future. Your boss will be able to read between the lines.The bitchy move: She invites everyone to an office happy hour…except you.Your response: E-mail a coworker you’re friendly with, and say you heard that everyone’s hanging out after work and you’d love to join.Why it works: You’ll connect with your other colleagues, so they’ll extend the invite to you next time. And while you’re being charming and fabulous and having a blast with everyone else, she’ll see that her scheme was NBD for you.The bitchy move: She takes credit for your idea in a meeting.Your response: Jump in the conversation and point out a way to make it even better.Why it works: If you called her out, your boss would think you’re whiny. With this approach you come across a team player…plus you get the satisfaction of one-upping her.By Mina AzodiCosmopolitan.com Tweet LifestyleRelationships Have a Bitchy Coworker? Here’s the Right Way to Handle Her by: – September 1, 2011 74 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Share read more
Greensburg, In. — The Decatur County Sheriff’s Department is investigating an attempted suicide at the jail.A report says two ambulances responded to the jail Friday between 10:30 and 11 a.m. An inmate was transported to St. Vincent’s Hospital and is reported to be in good condition.Circumstances of the incident and the name of the inmate have not been released.